I received a pair of blue tooth enabled wireless headphones for Christmas and have had a lot of issues with them. I emailed Adam to ask him what he thought of his Sony W-Series Walkman MP3 player, because I loved my Sony Walkman MP3 player, and though I might as well stick with a brand I knew and loved.
The Sony W-Series Walkman MP3 Player
Well, Adam loves the MP3 player. And, he hooked me up. And essentially, two of you as well. He contacted his Sony rep, who sent me a MP3 player to try out, and two to give away!
Below is what I think of the MP3 player. My review has a few interesting notes in it, because in my mind, I was comparing the MP3 player to the wireless headphones and phone combo I had been using while running before.
Me wearing the Sony W-Series Walkman MP3 Player
- 1.68 GB of music capacity (2 GB total)
- playmodes: Normal/Shuffle/ZAPPIN (more on that below)
- approximate battery life of 11 hours
- 1.5 hours to do a full charge (3 minute charge for 90 mins of music playback)
- USB mini-B connector
- format(s) Supported : MP3/ AAC/ WMA (DRM)/ WMT Capable
- comes with S/M/L earbuds, and MP3 holder
- comfortable/no bouncing/stays put
- great sound quality
- MP3 player built in
- quick to charge/long battery
- controls are intuitive and easy to access while running
- turns on when you “pull apart” the two headphones (see picture below)
- voice tells you what is going on (if on shuffle, changing playlists, etc.)
- easy set up, no software required (option for content download manager for iTunes)
- easy to make playlists/transfer music from iTunes & Media Player – just drag and drop!
- no “skipping” (like my wireless bluetooth headset does with the phone)
- quick song changes with jog lever (crucial – so you are not holding your arm up to your ear (while running) waiting for it to change!)
- inexpensive – it’s originally $60, but click on this link to get it for only $48.99
You just pull the two headphones apart and that is what turns the MP3 player on!
- no radio
- no screen interface (but this did not bother me – the voice in the MP3 player lets you know what modes/etc. you are selecting)
- computer connectivity issues – this is probably JUST ME and my POS computer, but the computer did not recognize the MP3 player as a drive for the longest time – Steven had to fix it (and I still kind of have issues) – you can see the directions he used here
- there is a feature I didn’t check out that much – ZAPPIN – quickly scans songs so you can find the one you like with the tempo you desire
- operating temp – the manual says it operates from 41°F-95°F – I run in very cold temps in the winter, and hope it works…
- durability over time – I have only used it a few times
Overall? I love, love, LOVE this MP3 player! And am not surprised. Sony makes great products!
Sony W-Series Walkman MP3 Player Giveaway Rules
- I will give away two (2) of the Sony W-Series Walkman MP3 Players
- To enter the giveaway, leave a comment telling me when you would use this MP3 player, and what you would listen to on it.
- To get an extra entry, “like” Sony’s Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/sonyelectronics, and leave an additional comment letting me know you did.
- This giveaway is open until 5:00 PM CST on Wednesday March 23. I will use random.org to select the winner. I will announce the winner on Thursday March 24.
- This giveaway is open to all readers.