- The Chicago skyline looked much better during yesterday’s lunch time run, compared to last week’s!
- I’ll be on the Chicago Lakefront trail again this week! I am running the Lung Run 10K with Anne and plan to run a bit before and after to turn it in to my long run. So I can sleep in on Sunday. Ha ha. Anyway. Maybe I will run in to a few of you out there…? Have you ever turned a race in to part of your long run? The last time I did this (that I can remember) was training for the Chicago Marathon in 2010!
- Speaking of the Lung Run… I’ve mostly been bugging you guys to donate to Anne’s donation page this summer, but I have one too, if you want to make a donation! Donations benefit the programs of Uniting Against Lung Cancer. UALC is dedicated to funding innovative research and raising awareness to find a cure for lung cancer.
- More money talk (heh) – the Wisconsin North Face Endurance Challenge is coming up in two weekends (September 14-15) and spots are still open! There is a 50M, 50K, Marathon Relay, Half Marathon, 10K and 5K. I am running the half with my favorite cat lady. You can use code KSKAFF13 for 15% off!!! North Face sponsored my entry to the half – a huge thanks to them!
- Also… I have a code for my FAVORITE race, the Wisconsin Half Marathon and full again this year. Like last year, if 10 wonderful people use my code, I will get a free entry (full disclosure, yo). I think almost 100 people used it last year, which was pretty cool. Anyway, race registration opens September 15 and the code for $5 off is KIMSCODE. The race is May 3, 2014. I will put an ad up in the side bar closer to when registration opens.
- The 5:00 am group strength class starts tomorrow morning! Yee haw! I’ve kind of been overdoing it with the early mornings lately. I try to wake up early to get everything in each day – a workout, work, time to help Steven with packages, time to teach class, time to hang out… we’ll see how much longer this lasts! I may have to make Thursday a “sleep in” (until 6:20 am) sort of day so I am totally fresh for the Friday class! Sigh. I am discovering (duh) that it’s hard to fit in teaching and my workouts, and life, and work. And duh. Duh de duh.
- Thanks to everyone who filled out my 10QRQ yesterday! It’s fun to read your answers!
Other Random Thoughts Thursday Posts: 47, 46, 45, 44, 43, 42, 41, 40, 39, 38, XXXVII, XXXVI, XXXV, XXXIV, XXXIII, XXXII, XXXI, XXX, XXIX, XVIII, XXVII, XXVI, XXV, XXIV, XXIII, XXII, XXI, XX, XIX, XVIII, XVII, XVI, XV, XIV, XIII, XII, XI, X, IX, VIII, VII, VI, V, IV, III, II, I.