Highlight of the Week: Being able to pick up the pace for miles 7-15 of my long run. That was a real confidence booster!
Monday | September 16, 2013: 6.5 m run (w/Yvonne) + 10.1 m bike + teaching strength class
Loc: Grayslake, Temp: 47°/46°, Time: 58:49, Pace: 9:03 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: surprisingly great
Loc: Millennium Trail, Temp: 62°/61°, Time: 42:43, Pace: 14.2 mph avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Strength: Modified Back to School Workout, Difficulty: easy (observing), Felt: okay
Tuesday | September 17, 2013: 5.1 m run (w/Emily + GRCers)
Loc: Grayslake, Temp: 45°/46°, Time: 52:56, Pace: 10:23 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: sleepy
Wednesday | September 18, 2013: strength class
Strength: Modified Back to School Workout, Difficulty: medium/hard, Felt: shitty
Thursday | September 19, 2013: 3 m run + 7.2 m run
Loc: hood, Temp: 67°/68°, Time: 10:52, Pace: 32:38 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: too asleep (called it quits at 3)
Loc: Round Lake to Grayslake, Temp: 79°/79°, Time: 1:16:06, Pace: 10:34 avg, Difficulty: medium, Felt: like I was melting
Friday | September 20, 2013: teaching strength class + 3.2 m run (w/Bobbi)
Strength: Modified Back to School Workout, Difficulty: easy (for me, ha), Felt: good
Loc: Grayslake, Temp: 66°/66°, Time: 34:01, Pace: 10:38, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good, but so sick of bathroom stops!
Saturday | September 21, 2013: 17.3 m run (last 5 w/Bobbi) + Four Stars 4M Race* (w/Bobbi + Maureen) + 6.3 m bike
*Was 3.5 miles
Loc: DPRT, Temp: 52°/60°, Time: 2:56:37, Pace: 10:13 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good, breathing a bit heavy though!
Loc: DPRT, Temp: 60°/62°, Time: 46:40, Pace: 13:21 avg, Difficulty: medium, Felt: good
Loc: Round Lake ish area, Temp: 63°/64°, Time: 23:42, Pace: 16.0 mph avg, Difficulty: x, Felt: SO DAMN ANNOYED w/the wind
Sunday | September 22, 2013: 5 m run
Loc: hood, Temp: 44°/44°, Time: 52:09, Pace: 10:25 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: okay
- What a week. I started it out with a pretty bad case of DOMS, mostly in my quads. I was worried about my Monday morning run, but it ended up being my fastest one of the week!
- I haven’t been able to take the Wednesday night strength class since August 21st! So, this was my return after four weeks off. You would think I would be fine, since I teach two classes a week, but the teaching has been mostly instructional/observational. So, Wednesday was a bit tough, but I was back at it by Friday am. Woo hoo! And, phew.
- Speaking of Friday am! Katie came and took the class! Schweet! Bobbi has been taking it too, hmm, any other local bloggers want to work out at 5:00 am on Friday?
- Check out the schweet socks in the last row of pics. Michele at Running for Oreos sent those to me! What a sweetie! If you don’t read her blog… start. She is hilarious!
- I have to work in the office a lot this week and my #1 worry is getting my miles in. Wah wah wah, my life is so hard <—- sarcasm. It’ll be fine. Deep breaths. Ha ha.
- I hope to have a Muddy Monk race report up tomorrow! I had a lot of fun and enjoyed running through the woods and jumping over logs and dodging branches!
- Congrats to all my friends who raced this weekend! I got to see a lot of friends at the Fox Valley Marathon today, and am anxious to hear about Rachel‘s Fox Cities Marathon! Who raced/spectated this weekend? My running club’s 5K was today and I heard that was a success!