Highlight of the Week: Participating in the same 5K as my dad and older brother, in my home town! I am so proud of them! And very thankful that so much of our family came to spectate!
Monday | October 21, 2013: 5 m run + teaching strength class
Loc: hood, Temp: 46°/43°, Time: 47:56, Pace: 9:36 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Strength: Body bars, Difficulty: medium, Felt: super hyper
Tuesday | October 22, 2013: rest (incl. 2.6 m walk w/Steven)
Wednesday | October 23, 2013: 5.2 m run (w/Bobbi)
Loc: hood, Temp: 41°/40°, Time: 51:44, Pace: 9:57 avg, Difficulty: medium, Felt: awful from eating too much that day
Thursday | October 24, 2013: rest
Friday | October 25, 2013: teaching strength class + 16 m run (first 3 w/Bobbi) + 1.4 m Red Ribbon Run (at Yvonne’s school)
Strength: Body bars, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Loc: Grayslake, Temp: 28°/33°, Time: 2:52:32, Pace: 10:47, Difficulty: easy, Felt: sooooo not in the mood/MEH
Saturday | October 26, 2013: Run, Walk and Roll 5K + 1 mile of running in Dad and Nick
Loc: Cedar Falls, Temp: 41°, Time: 23:52, Pace: 7:54 avg, Difficulty: medium, Felt: GREAT!
Sunday | October 27, 2013: 10.5 m run (w/Dad while he biked)
Loc: Cedar Falls, Temp: 22°/31°, Time: 1:49:42, Pace: 10:27 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: like I should be running faster than that
- Do you feel like you have a good grasp of your exercise limitations? I feel like I do when it comes to cardio respiratory. But man, every once in awhile, I overdo a strength workout, and it’s especially embarrassing, when I am the one who designed it! Ha ha. I design the workouts I teach to be whole body, but sometimes I leave class with one area of my body really sore. Or two areas. Ha ha. This week, it was my glutes and my left ITB. The funny thing is, I talked to the other students who took my class, and they were sore in different areas! We all have our weaknesses to work on! Also, damn you, DOMS.
- Yeah, so those Tuesday and Thursday unplanned rest days (Wednesday is supposed to be my new rest day) are due to the soreness from Monday’s class (I hope that’s what it is). I woke up in the middle of Monday night, with a low intensity throb in my left ITB. I got up and iced it. The same thing happened Wednesday night, and Friday after my run. So, running doesn’t make it feel better. I got a mini massage in my left leg after the 5K on Saturday, and that made it feel better! I hope to get a longer massage this week.
- I felt frustrated in the middle of the week. I felt cranky from not working out. And annoyed with my body. But after a somewhat shitty long run on Friday, I just felt happy that I could run at all. That I can be active. Gah. I haven’t had to sit out a few months since summer of 2010 (due to stress fractures) but MAN, did that ever suck, and whenever I feel pissy about my workouts, I think back to that and remember to be grateful I can move at all.
- So! The mopiness was over for the weekend! Which is great, because I got to spend it in my hometown, working out with my family! My dad, older brother and I all ran the same 5K on Saturday, then my dad rode his bike with me during my run on Sunday.
- Oh! Almost forgot! What was I thinking volunteering to run with middle schoolers on Friday? That is speedwork! Those kids are fast! Ha ha!