Ever since my trail 50K I have been itching to do some more trail races! I think it’s the low pressure/friendly atmosphere and challenging courses. I am signed up for a trail race in November and also have two more on the radar for October and December -
Thriller in Schiller (October 28) - a 5K trail race that will “take you over downed trees, through the woods, over creeks, and through mud”! There is a costume contest (it’s three days before Halloween, afterall!) and all participants receive a bib, race t-shirt, and a customized Thriller in Schiller pint glass… which you can fill with beer after the event! Registration is only $25 (!!!) and if you sign up for The Thriller in Schiller you get $5 off the…
Schiller Chiller 10K & 5K (December 1) – This one sounds so awesome I am just going to copy and paste from their site:
The course will take you through the cold woods, onto the Des Plaines River Trail, over roots, trees, and rocks, and back to our festival area. The 10k and 5k courses will be nearly 75% different from each other. The courses are great for those new to trail running and challenging enough for even the most seasoned trail runner.
All participants will receive a long sleeved race t-shirt, bib, and a Schiller Chiller coffee mug. All 10k participants will also receive a Schiller Chiller shot glass.
After the race you can fill your mug with hot chocolate, “adult” hot chocolate, Irish Coffee, Hot Toddy, or grab a locally crafted beer. Post-race snacks will be provided and there will also be food available for purchase.
Also only $25 for the 5K, $30 for the 10K (and they have group rates for 5 or more).
Ahh! They both sound so awesome! The sad news is that I might be out of town for both of them. And I was offered a free entry from Muddy Monk (the race organizer) for one of my choice. Sigh. I am hoping I can make at least one!
Not all is lost though…
I have one free entry to giveaway for the Thriller in Schiller!!!
Thriller in Schiller 5K Giveaway Rules
- One reader will receive one free entry to the Thriller in Schiller 5K.
- Required to enter the giveaway: tell me – if you were going to dress up for the costume contest, what would your costume be?
- For a bonus extra entry: “like” Muddy Monk on Facebook and let me know that you did!
- This giveaway is open until 5:00 PM CST on Thursday, September 27. I will announce the winner on Friday September 28.
- This giveaway is open to anyone who can make it to the race on Sunday October 28 at Schiller Woods Forest Preserve (near O’Hare airport).