Highlight of the Week: Hitting fast-for-me paces on my swim intervals Friday / my highest mileage week since April!
Monday | October 17, 2016: 5 m run + 2 m run + teaching strength class
Loc: hood, Temp: 73°/73°, Time: 49:26, Pace: 9:53 avg, Difficulty: medium, Felt: fine, just too hot
Loc: hood, Temp: 81°/81°, Time: 19:28, Pace: 9:42 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: pissy
Strength: plates and BOSUs, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good, happy for the distraction
Tuesday | October 18, 2016: rest
Wednesday | October 19, 2016: 1,512 yd swim + 6 m run + 5 m run
Loc: FitNation, Moving Time: 37:22, Pace: 2:28 min/100 yd avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Loc: Gurnee, Temp: 50°/47°, Time: 59:54, Pace: 9:58 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: great
Loc: hood, Temp: 64°/67°, Time: 50:48, Pace: 10:09 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Thursday | October 20, 2016: 3 m run
Loc: Fall Creek Parkway Trail, Temp: 54°/54°, Time: 29:38, Pace: 9:52 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Friday | October 21, 2016: teaching strength class + 840 yd swim + 11 m run (incl. 10×1:00)
Strength: kettlebells, Difficulty: easy (half observing), Felt: good
Loc: FitNation, Moving time: 17:21, Pace: 2:04 min/100 yd, Difficulty: medium (doing sprints), Felt: good!
Loc: Outlet Mall route, Temp: 51°/49°, Time: 1:46:40, Pace: 9:42, Difficulty: easy, Felt: great
Saturday | October 22, 2016: 5 m ride + teaching fitness boxing + 5 m run
Indoor Ride Time: 21:00, Pace: 14.3 mph avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good, rushed for time!
Strength: Body Weight and Boxing, Difficulty: easy (mostly observing), Felt: good
Loc: hood, Temp: 49°/49°, Time: 49:44, Pace: 9:56 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Sunday | October 23, 2016: 13 m run + 3.8 m walk (w/Steven)
Loc: DPRT, Temp: 43°/56°, Time: 2:13:18, Pace: 10:15 avg, Difficulty: easy, harder as the sun got higher, Felt: good
- Ugh, Monday’s double was meant to be more substantial, but my day was a bit of a sh*t show. Blah. At least I got to run at all!!!
- I took my rest day early, on Tuesday, because my legs were still beat up from that 5K, and Monday’s strength class only made them worse. They felt awesome for my Wednesday am run. Although, that could have been the cool weather and dew point.
- I rarely woke up early to run this summer. I got out of the early morning running habit after my training partner moved, and I discovered the higher temps later in the day made me less miserable that the early morning humidity (sometimes). However, I’m finding in the fall it’s totally worth it to wake up earlier, and enjoy that low dew point and temperature before it gets hot midday/in the afternoon!
- I got to do a very short run while on travel for work in Indianapolis this week! It was raining and quite a bit of the trail was flooded, but I still enjoyed it (had to move my legs before the four hour car drive back home!).
- Oh man, my arms were already sore from the class I had just taught when I went swimming on Friday. Must have been an effective workout! I had been working on endurance during my recent swims, but decided to switch it up and do some intervals – those got my heart racing!
- I finally almost regretted wearing a tank for a run this week. Yay! Is cooler weather really on its way?!
- Has anyone noticed an issue with elapsed vs moving time on Garmin Connect? I try to keep my elapsed time from getting too high during my runs. After my run Sunday, my watch showed an elapsed time of four minutes longer (which is good, since it included two stops to fill up water and three road crossing stops), but later in the day, on Garmin Connect, it had the two times as being the same! It’s been doing that on my swims, too! I want to see the difference!