Highlight of the Week: Getting to do a “long” run!
Monday | August 15, 2016: 6 m run + teaching strength class
Loc: hood, Temp: 77°/78, Time: 57:51, Pace: 9:38 avg, Difficulty: easy/medium, Felt: good! grateful it was overcast
Strength: plates and cards, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Tuesday | August 16, 2016: 5 m run + attic work
Loc: hood, Temp: 78°/80°, Time: 49:32, Pace: 9:54 avg, Difficulty: easy/medium, Felt: tired, tender knees, hot
Wednesday | August 17, 2016: 4 m run + attic work
Loc: Chicago Lakefront Trail, Temp: 80°/85°, Time: 39:16, Pace: 9:49 avg, Difficulty: easy/medium, Felt: okay, hot
Thursday | August 18, 2016: 6 m run (incl. 1,2,3,4,5 ladder) + attic work
Loc: hood, Temp: 79°/83°, Time: 58:49, Pace: 9:48 avg, Difficulty: hard, Felt: good then completely spent
Friday | August 19, 2016: teaching strength class + 850 m swim (breaststroke) + attic work
Strength: step, 1 DB and boxing, Difficulty: easy, Felt: great
Loc: Grayslake Pool, Temp (air): 70°, Time: 22:57, Pace: 2:42 min/100m Difficulty: easy, Felt: good, energetic!
Saturday | August 20, 2016: 7 m ride + attic work
Indoor Ride Time: 28;19, Pace: 14.8 mph avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Sunday | August 21, 2016: 10 m run + attic work
Loc: DPRT to Kilbourne loop, Temp: 58°/63°, Time: 1:41:17, Pace: 10:07 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
- Someone new tried my Monday night class. Awesome! I later saw she posted the class picture on Facebook and someone commented about her trying “CrossFit.” Ha. Ha ha. My class is not CrossFit, but I can see how people think CrossFit and Bootcamp, etc., are synonymous for what we do!
- Another instructor attended my class Friday morning, which was awesome, because it gave me some energy I didn’t know I had!
- I felt really good at my swim this week, and didn’t need any breaks! That is probably because I didn’t go right after class (I had a meeting then went) and because I didn’t box in class, ha.
- Yay, I did a “long” run this week! And the weather was decent – a glimpse of fall with temps in the low 60s! I can’t wait to get back to running more. I feel so off and blah and generally miserable.
- The new shorts worked well for the long run. They seem thicker than my old shorts though, and feel a bit hotter.