Highlight of the Week: Meeting baby William!
Monday | January 9, 2017: 1,008 yd swim + 6 m run + teaching strength class
Loc: FitNation, Time: 20:30, Pace: 2:02 min/100 yd avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: awesome (but cold)
Loc: hood, Temp: 28°/28°, Time: 1:02:11, Pace: 10:22 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good, legs a bit tired
Strength: body bars, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Tuesday | January 10, 2017: rest
Wednesday | January 11, 2017: 3 m run
Loc: treadmill, Time: 31:24, Pace: 10:27 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Thursday | January 12, 2017: 12 m ride + 5 m run (incl. 3×800, 3×1:00)
Indoor Ride Time: 49:03, Pace: 14.7 mph avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Loc: hood, Temp: 23°, Time: 49:47, Pace: 9:58 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Friday | January 13, 2017: teaching strength class
Strength: Airex pads and medicine balls, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Saturday | January 14, 2017: 1.4 m walk (w/Mom) + 4 m run
Loc: Overland Park, Temp: 30°/30°, Time: 41:54, Pace: 10:28 avg, Difficulty: easy enough, Felt: good
Sunday | January 15, 2017: rest
- On Sunday Steven and I both got the TDAP booster and I was pleasantly surprised Monday when it didn’t bother me during my swim! Ha, later in the day? Not so much. It was like DOMS – my arm ached the rest of the day Monday and a lot of Tuesday!
- I liked running 800s this week for speedwork. I think it’s because I didn’t feel like I had to go as fast as 400s. Maybe I’ll learn to like mile repeats soon? Or maybe I’ll quit being lazy with speedwork and go faster for 800s too! Ha!
- The strength workout I taught Friday morning was really challenging on the legs and boy could I feel it Saturday am! Whoa! I haven’t felt sore like that from a class I taught in awhile! And usually when I’m that sore it’s because we used the tall plyo boxes and are going up and down a lot. This time, we were going up and down a lot but toward the ground, because we were using low AireX pads. Ouchie! <— in a good way.
- I was supposed to teach fitness boxing today but missed it to meet my new nephew! So you get a picture of him for Sunday!
- I keep forgetting to mention, but my knee had been tight since we did all our house work in August and I spent so much time on my knees. I had issues bending it while sitting cross legged, and going down stairs. The good news is, it’s feeling back to normal. Yay!