Highlight of the Week: Mixing things up at Fitness Boxing!
*Accidentally had the formula messed up for this calculation since… oops, maybe the beginning of the year? It just should have been a higher number. All fixed now!
Monday | April 4, 2016: 15 m ride + 8 m run + teaching strength class
Indoor Ride Time: 55:37, Pace: 16.2 mph avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Loc: VP Woods Loop, Temp: 32°/31°, Time: 1:09:38, Pace: 8:42 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good, but tired
Strength: kettlebells and boxing pads, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Tuesday | April 5, 2016: rest
Wednesday | April 6, 2016: 6 m run
Loc: hood, Temp: 39°/39°, Time: 50:41, Pace: 8:27 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good, pushed around by the wind
Thursday | April 7, 2016: 6.3 m run + 5 m ride + 10 mins strength
Loc: hood, Temp: 35°/34°, Time: 54:38, Pace: 8:40 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: pissed at the f*cking trains
Indoor Ride Time: 20:23, Pace: 14.7 mph avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: pissed off about work
Friday | April 8, 2016: teaching strength class + 10.2 m run (incl. 8×800)
Strength: kettlebells and boxing pads, Difficulty: esay, Felt: good
Loc: DPRT/Kilbourne Loop, Temp: 33°/37°, Time: 1:28:47, Pace: 8:42, Difficulty: hard, Felt: like I wanted to throw up my lunch, pissed at the wind
Saturday | April 9, 2016: 7.2 m run + teaching fitness boxing + 2.5 m run (w/Anne)
Loc: VP Woods Loop, Temp: 21°/24°, Time: 1:04:43, Pace: 8:59 avg, Difficulty: medium, Felt: unstable (icy)
Strength: Boxing and body weight moves, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Loc: Grayslake, Temp: 28°/30°, Time: 31:59, Pace: 12:47 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Sunday | April 10, 2016: 10 m run (incl. 6×1:00)
Loc: home to Bobbi’s, Temp: 39°/42°, Time: 1:31:04, Pace: 9:06 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good minus sore legs, then thirsty/about to bonk
- My stomach has been getting upset during and after quite a few runs lately.
I’m not sure if it’s the pace, my diet, getting over a cold, or maybe my body getting used to the new water I am drinking (out of the well). I’m definitely going to pay attention to it, and see what I can figure out. I think it may be because I was drinking our well water. I stopped drinking it and will see if I feel better now!
- This was a comical running week, due to the weather, trains and my own stupidity:
- Thursday (train, weather & my stupidity) – I tried to run a 6 mile route during my lunch break and had to stop for a train at a, hmmm … let’s call it “not official” crossing. Then the train stopped completely, and I stood there for five minutes feeling like an idiot while I got hailed/snowed on. I eventually turned around and crossed the tracks at a different spot – and saw that the train was STILL stopped where I was trying to cross before. Ugh.
- Friday (weather) – Speedwork day! Also, snow and 20-29 mph wind day. I did as much of the speedwork with the wind at my back (cheater!) but I had to run in to it for a few miles to get home and it SUUUUUCKED. Okay, file this under “my own stupidity,” too, but this run made it clear to me – I am NOT going for a PR at the Wisconsin Half if the winds are horrible. It’s not worth it to me.
- Saturday (weather) – What’s this? THE SUN?! Oh, what else is this? Black ice everywhere?! WTF! I think I hardly used my winter running stabilizer muscles this year so I shouldn’t complain but… that run worked them.
- Sunday (weather & my stupidity) – I woke up with a headache from feeling dehydrated. This should have been a clue to me to guzzle water! My plan was to run north from my house, stop at a rest stop and fill up my handheld and run south home – until I saw the winds were coming from the south. Hey! I learned from Friday – run into the wind to start. So I did that, and brought my handheld and told myself I’d be fine – I’ve run 12 miles plenty of times lately without filling it up. Sigh. I should have worn my backpack, like last week. I ran out of water and was SO thirsty and starting to feel out of it/feel like I was going to bonk. And was soaking wet because it rained for all of my run. I cut the run short and ran to Bobbi’s for water and a ride home. Yay, Bobbi!
- But, eh, every week can’t be amazing! How odd this week was makes me laugh!
- Fitness boxing was a lot of fun this week and I’m sad it’s the only time I can teach it this month! I do have three classes on the calendar for May though, yay!
Link to Training Week 337