Highlight of the Week: Running Bobbi’s speed sesh with her / my first double of the year!
Monday | April 10, 2017: 3 m run + teaching strength class
Loc: hood, Temp: 47°/42°, Time: 28:47, Pace: 9:35 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good, energized by the rain and hail
Strength: kettlebell & circuit, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Tuesday | April 11, 2017: rest
Wednesday | April 12, 2017: 7 m run
Loc: VP Woods Loop, Temp: 48°/49°, Time: 1:13:14, Pace: 10:28 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good, happy I brought water!
Thursday | April 13, 2017: 10 m ride + 5 m run
Indoor Ride Time: 30:45, Pace: 19.5 mph avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Loc: Raven Glen FP, Temp: 50°/49°, Time: 47:52, Pace: 9:34, Difficulty: easy, Felt: strong
Friday | April 14, 2017: teaching strength class + 1,218 yd swim + 6 m run (w/Bobbi, incl. 4×2:00 hills, 6×2:00)
Strength: kettlebell & circuit, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good, warm
Loc: FitNation, Time: 26:0, Pace: 2:05 min/100 yd, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good, sore arms though!
Loc: hood, Temp: 48°/50°, Time: 1:03:42, Pace: 10:37, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Saturday | April 15, 2017: 3 m run + teaching fitness boxing + 2 m run (w/Anne, Joanne & Tracy)
Loc: hood, Temp: 65°/68°, Time: 30:26, Pace: 10:08 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: hot
Strength: cardio, pads, and mitts, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Loc: Grayslake, Temp: 73°/76°, Time: 25:28, Pace: 12:43 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: grateful for the breeze!
Sunday | April 16, 2017: 14 m run
Loc: DPRT/Kilbourne, Temp: 60°/63°, Time: 2:35:08, Pace: 11:05 avg, Difficulty: mostly easy, Felt: tired, but decent!
- For the past few weeks I’ve had at least one run where it rained hard the entire time! I don’t mind running in the rain, but I hope I am not ruining my shoes!
- On my Wednesday run, a safety pin (that I was using to hold my running belt in place) popped out, and when it did, it felt like someone tapped my hip with their hand. I stopped and chopped my arm back in defense. Then realized it was a safety pin. Ha.
- I’ve probably mentioned this before, but I typically swim on Fridays right after I teach strength class and my arms are sometimes already sore from class! Swimming probably helps a bit with recovery!
- It was so nice to run with Bobbi on Friday! She was asking me for recommendations for local hills for repeats and I happen to live very close to a five minute hill!
- I got a sun burn on Friday though (and actually again on Saturday). Eek. I put all my sunscreen out on the counter so I will remember to use it (I did on Sunday!).
- I brought treats to my fitness boxing class for Easter. My mom helped me put them together when I was visiting my home town earlier this month.
- After fitness boxing I had plans to run with Anne, and two more people from class joined us. Yay! We had fun, and that was my first double (run) of the year! And this is the first week this year I’ve run 40 miles! That was my go to weekly mileage for the last two years, but I cut back to 30 per week this year.