Highlight of the Week: Fitting in my workouts, on my in-office days, despite that time suck (3+ hour!) commute.
Monday | September 23, 2013: 7 m run + teaching strength class
Loc: Chicago Lakefront Trail, Temp: 61°/64°, Time: 1:05:31, Pace: 9:21 avg, Difficulty: medium, Felt: so MUCH better after I ate a GU!
Strength: Back to School Work0ut (medicine balls + circuit), Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Tuesday | September 24, 2013: 5 m run + 4 m run
Loc: hood, Temp: 48°/47°, Time: 45:38, Pace: 9:08 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: surprisingly awake!
Loc: Chicago, Temp: 65°/68°, Time: 38:52, Pace: 9:42 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: okay/hungry
Wednesday | September 25, 2013: 2 m run + strength class
Loc: Grayslake, Temp: 63°/61°, Time: 18:41, Pace: 9:21 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Strength: Back to School Workout (medicine balls + circuit), Difficulty: medium, Felt: strong/schmelly
Thursday | September 26, 2013: rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday | September 27, 2013: teaching strength class + 8.1 m run
Strength: Back to School Workout (medicine balls + circuit), Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Loc: hood, Temp: 51°/50°, Time: 1:22:14, Pace: 10:09, Difficulty: easy, Felt: asleep
Saturday | September 28, 2013: 7.3 m run (3.3 + 4 w/Anne)
Loc: DPRT/Half Day FP, Temp: 64°/75°, Time: 31:55/57:22, Pace: 9:41/14:20 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: hungry/good
Sunday | September 29, 2013: 18.5 m run (last 15ish w/Bobbi and Riyanti)
Loc: DPRT & Independence Grove, Temp: 52°/52°, Time: 3:22:52, Pace: 10:58 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: like a mess
- This week was a reminder of how blessed I am to normally be able to run with so many people! A lot of my runs this week were solo due to my schedule, and by Friday, I was ready to talk to someone. Anyone. Except myself.
- Sigh. My long run this morning was just, so… off. I have been in a bad place all week. So my mood was messed up going in to it. Then I fell on the trail (we were running in the dark). Then I rolled my ankle three times – really badly the last time. I don’t think I broke anything though! Woo hoo! Ha ha. I am so happy I was running with Bobbi and Riyanti, otherwise I might still be curled up in a ball on the trail, whimpering and feeling frustrated.
- Friday’s run was the first with a new pair of shoes! Ahh, they felt so good. I know I have asked this before, but, do you “break” your shoes in? Like, run small distances in them until you feel comfortable going longer? Or do you just go for it? And of course, I am talking about a style you know works for your foot, not something new (of course break that in!). I don’t break mine in at all. I have worn brand new shoes for races before. But a friend of mine said not breaking their shoes in enough before a race really messed them up! Must be something that is different for all of us!
- I thought I was getting speedier due to dropping a few pounds, but then I thought about it, and it is probably just the temperature dropping. Ha ha. Either way, I will take it! Friday’s “asleep” run pace actually ended up being a lot faster than it felt. So, that is nice. Feeling like you are asleep when you are running… not so nice.
- I thought this article (pdf here) about charity races/walks booming in Chicago (and across the nation) was interesting. Especially the mention that September is the busiest month. And that everyone thinks they can do a marathon because of Oprah. Ha ha. Did any of you think you could do a marathon because Oprah did? That she did one is not something I knew until after I did one. What can I say? I don’t keep track of Oprah’s life. Ha ha.
- I am really close to my monthly distance mileage record! I am excited to see where I end up tomorrow…