Highlight of the Week: Seeing that my body has responded well to increased mileage – no aches or pains!
Monday | February 25, 2013: 6 m run + 5 m run (w/Anne and Sara)
Loc: hood, Temp: 18°/18°, Time: 1:00:40, Pace: 10:07 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: slow and steady
Loc: Vernon Hills, Temp: 36°/34°, Time: 58:52, Pace: 11:46 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: tired-o
Tuesday | February 26, 2013: 15 m run
Loc: hood, Temp: 32°/31°, Time: 2:20:07, Pace: 9:21 avg, Difficulty: medium, Felt: tired from no sleep
Wednesday | February 27, 2013: strength class + 3.1 m run (w/Ed)
Strength: circuit + plyo, Difficulty: medium, Felt: strong
Loc: Grayslake, Temp: 31°/32°, Time: 27:56, Pace: 9:01 avg, Difficulty: medium, Felt: great
Thursday | February 28, 2013: 11.15 m run
Loc: hood, Temp: 31°/31°, Time: 1:58:50, Pace: 10:40 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: slow in the snow + slush
Friday | March 1, 2013: 6.75 m run (5.5 w/Abbi!)
Loc: Chicago Lakefront Trail, Temp: 28°, Time: 49:34, Pace: 9:01, Difficulty: easy/medium, Felt: good
Saturday | March 2, 2013: rest
Sunday | March 3, 2013: 5 m run inlc. 6×3:00 + strength (w/Steven!)
Loc: hood, Temp: 29°/31°, Time: 44:10, Pace: 8:50 avg, Difficulty: easy/medium, Felt: meh
Strength: dumbbells, Difficulty: easy, Felt: schweaty
- Ignore the blatant over training that is the first four days of the week. I was just trying to achieve that 200 mile month.
- My energy bubble finally burst Friday night. The early mornings, long miles and poor diet finally caught up with me, and I was a zombie at 6:00 pm Friday night. I could barely keep my eyes open!
- Logic says to sleep more, but I’m having issues with that. And, I am all out of sorts when I don’t get my morning run in. Like bigtime cranky biotch. So, I’ll pay attention to this and see how it goes.
- As much as I love those morning runs though, I am still adjusting to figuring out how much I should eat the rest of the day. I tend to get more snacky if I run first thing in the am - anyone else this way?
- I’ll probably write more about this, but feeling good is so much better than eating junk and feeling like crap. I just need to remember that. Eating a few junky things really throws me off for a few days, and that happened to me at the end of this week.
- I ran in the sun on Sunday and it felt so weird. I think I am so used to the dark and/or gloomy skies that I prefer those. I actually said something to Abbi during our Friday run about how I liked how gloomy it was, and I think she thought I was nutso. I think I just don’t want to accept that spring is on the way. I’m struggling with it.