Highlight of the Week: Getting muchos bike miles in / working out so much with the Efit crew!
Monday | January 30, 2017: 4.8 m run + 17 m ride (incl 2×15 mins incline) + teaching strength class
Loc: hood, Temp: 22°/25°, Time: 47:21, Pace: 9:52 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: fantastic!
Indoor Ride Time: 1:00:04, Pace: 17.0 mph avg, Difficulty: easy/medium, Felt: good but legs BURNING!
Strength: AireX pads and medicine balls, Difficulty: easy, Felt: hyper
Tuesday | January 31, 2017: rest
Wednesday | February 1, 2017: 1,176 yd swim (drills + breathing practice) + 5 m run + 16.5 m ride
Loc: FitNation, Time: 28:33, Pace: 2:26 min/100 yd avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: ok
Loc: Gurnee, Temp: 28°/28°, Time: 57:02, Pace: 11:24 avg, Difficulty: medium, Felt: strangely tired (running on snow probably didn’t help)
Indoor Bike Time: 55:01, Pace: 18.0 mph avg, Difficulty: medium, Felt: great, sweeeeeeeaty!
Thursday | February 2, 2017: 4.5 m run (incl. 10×1:00)
Loc: Lake Andrea, Temp: 20°/20°, Time: 44:15, Pace: 9:50 avg, Difficulty: medium/hard, Felt: good
Friday | February 3, 2017: teaching strength class + 1,197 yd swim + 5.7 m run
Strength: kettlebells and circuit, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good, but a bit off
Loc: FitNation, Time: 27:11, Pace: 2:16 min/100 yd, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good, but a bit tired
Loc: hood, Temp: 25°/24°, Time: 1:01:40, Pace: 10:49 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good, warm
Saturday | February 4, 2017: teaching indoor cycling (15 m) + teaching fitness boxing + 3 m run (w/Dawn, Jen & Judy)
Loc: Efit, Time: 55:29, Pace: 16.2 mph avg, Difficulty: medium, Felt: good
Strength: cardio dumbbell moves & boxing, Difficulty: easy/medium, Felt: good
Loc: Grayslake, Temp: 25°/28°, Time: 35:06, Pace: 11:42 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: great
Sunday | February 5, 2017: 10 m run
Loc: DPRT/Kilbourne Loop, Temp: 29°/34°, Time: 1:55:07, Pace: 11:30 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: steady, just slower
- It’s been a treat to run different snow-free routes this January and February and not be stuck on the safe (traffic-wise) road by my house! In fact, I am avoiding that route and saving it for when we do get snow!
- I’d been thinking about trying pool drills so I did on Wednesday. The drills went fine, but of course, I completely screwed up my watch when I was doing them. Oops. I also practiced breathing on my left side which feels awkward and makes me lose all swimming confidence. Ha!
- The Frosty saga continues. On Friday the park district called to ask what shirt size I want. I should have said “I am not doing the race.” Instead I told them a size. Now I feel like I should do it! Oh, and this time, they said it’s a two mile race.
- A friend joined me at the pool Friday am! It’s fun to swim with someone else, but the best part is chatting in the hot tub after!
- I had a busy Saturday morning at the studio! I taught my first cycling class of the year (I cycled a lot this week – did hill work Monday, practiced the studio class Wednesday, then taught it Saturday), taught fitness boxing, then ran 3 miles with some people. It was a fun morning!
- All that cycling is making my legs move a bit slower on my runs, but that’s fine with me, as long as I am still hitting my speedwork paces (I am)!
- It’s time for my first monthly recap of the year! In January I ran 122 miles (23 runs), cycled 89 miles (7 indoor rides) and swam 6,783 yards (6 swims). My coldest run was 3°F and my warmest was 51°F. I taught 9 strength classes and 2 fitness boxing classes. I missed teaching a scheduled strength classes and a fitness boxing class to meet William!