Highlight of the Week: Feeling energetic on my runs (I’d been feeling off for awhile, and I didn’t this week)!
Monday | February 6, 2017: 5 m run + 16.8 m bike + teaching strength class
Loc: hood, Temp: 40°/41°, Time: 48:46, Pace: 9:45 avg, Difficulty: easy/medium, Felt: great
Indoor Bike Time: 55:10, Pace: 18.3 mph avg, Difficulty: easy/medium, Felt: good, excited to teach the workout on 2/11
Strength: Lebert Equalizers, Difficulty: easy (1/2 observing, no partner), Felt: good, hyper
Tuesday | February 7, 2017: 5 m run
Loc: VP Woods, Temp: 38°/39°, Time: 53:40, Pace: 10:44 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: decent
Wednesday | February 8, 2017: rest
Thursday | February 9, 2017: 5 m run (incl. 7×400)
Loc: Lake Andrea, Temp: 22°/21°, Time: 48:55, Pace: 9:47 avg, Difficulty:medium, Felt: strong
Friday | February 10, 2017: teaching strength class + 1,386 yd swim (incl. drills) + 3 m run
Strength: Lebert and one dumbbell, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Loc: FitNation, Time: 42:17, Pace: 3:03 min/100 yd, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good (still annoyed with fogging goggles)
Loc: VP Woods, Temp: 40°/39°, Time: 29:53, Pace: 9:57 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: great
Saturday | February 11, 2017: teaching indoor cycling (16.5 m) + teaching fitness boxing + 5 m run
Loc: Efit, Time: 55:04, Pace: 18.0 mph avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Strength: body weight workouts, pads and mitts, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
Loc: hood, Temp: 43°/41°, Time: 49:05, Pace: 9:48 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: great, strong
Sunday | February 12, 2017: 12 m run + 10 m bike
Loc: Lake Andrea/Outlet Mall loop, Temp: 34°/41°, Time: 2:09:10, Pace: 10:46 avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: really good!
Indoor Ride Time: 34:57, Pace: 17.2 mph avg, Difficulty: easy, Felt: good
- The crushed limestone trails were REALLY squishy this week. Like, beginning of spring squishy. I actually felt bad running on them – my shoes sunk in deep enough, I know they’ll freeze in to ruts. Eek.
- On Thursdays I do speedwork around a lake by my house. It’s windy, and lately, cold, on Thursdays, but knowing I may see a pretty sunset gets me out the door! And I’m happy I’ve been consistent about doing speedwork on the same day of the week. It’s more typical of me to put it off for as long as I can.
- It was so warm here Saturday morning. As I was leaving to teach indoor cycling, I felt like we could have cycled outside – it was in the mid 40s with a “feel like” in the 50s because of the humidity and low winds! I did see cyclists out Saturday and Sunday.
- As you guys have heard me talk about a zillion times, some of my runs are on the shoulders of high speed (low traffic) highways. Most drivers have been decent when they see me, going all the way to toward the center of the lane, or even crossing in to the other lane. However, on Saturday, I noticed a car coming toward me was driving right on the edge of the shoulder and swerving a bit in to it. Sigh. I got way over away from them, and they did drive right down the line, and continued to do so when they passed me. I hope they arrived to their final destination safely…
- This is the second week in a row I cycled more than I ran!