- Steven figured out a schweet camera modification to get Data to look at the camera – with the high-end wadded up paper towel attachment. Ha ha ha.
Aww, Datums, you so cute!
- I realized this week that our holiday wreath is still on the front door. FAIL!!! Or is it okay, since there is still snow on the ground?!
- My sister did pick out a wedding dress last Saturday! Here is a sneak peek!
- Daylight Savings Time begins this weekend! Are you looking forward to it? I’m a little nervous about how having extra light at the end of the day will affect my mood. I won’t mind it being darker again in the mornings, ha ha.
I’ve read so many great posts this week (click “continue reading” below)! I had to link up to a few! Have you read anything awesome this week that you gotta share?
- Ready Set Feast “Why Marathon Training Wasn’t For Me.” Have you ever had someone act like you aren’t a runner because you don’t run a certain distance or pace? Well, while I hope not, I know a lot of us have! In this post, Kelsey very eloquently, yet still in her funny style, writes about why running long and following a training plan is NOT for her, and how she is STILL a runner. Huge applause on this post.
- Running the Windy City “Live to Work or Work to Live?” Linday’s post about why she is happy with where she is with her career now really resonated with me. I have an architectural degree and the work I do is not traditionally what people think of for architect majors. But, I have realized I don’t live to work, as Lindsay says. And I am okay with that!
- Mile 26 and More “Belly Issues.” Heather talks about how she knows that a certain type of frosting gives her stomach issues, and is trying to figure out what other foods do as well. Do certain foods make your stomach go all out of whack? I know which ones do for me. And I don’t have allergies – my body’s just all “huh?!” when I eat them. This post was a good reminder to me to mostly eat the things that make me feel good!
- From Ice Cream to Marathon “30 Day Vegan Challenge.” Katie’s decided to try a 30 day vegan challenge, and she writes about how some people will “say I’ll be tired and weak, I won’t be able to gain muscle, I won’t get enough protein, etc.” That sentence really struck a chord with me. A few years ago, I told someone I was vegan and they said “I could never be vegan, I workout too much.” My response to them was that I just ran a marathon. Yes, not everyone flourishes on a vegan diet! But don’t be so close-minded! Geesh!
Other Random Thoughts Thursday Posts: XXXIV, XXXIII, XXXII, XXXI, XXX, XXIX, XVIII, XXVII, XXVI, XXV, XXIV, XXIII, XXII, XXI, XX, XIX, XVIII, XVII, XVI, XV, XIV, XIII, XII, XI, X, IX, VIII, VII, VI, V, IV, III, II, I.